48 school committee members from Madope, Lubonde, Milo, Mlangali, Mawengi and Luana wards benefited from the residential training conducted by SHIPO from 21st June 2021 through 25th June 2021. A total of 24 primary school were involved in the training that addressed leadership, management and school administration
The training was honored by his Excellency Marwa Rubirya, the Njombe Regional Commissioner and facilitated by the experts from the Agency for Development of Educational Management (ADEM). Apart from the 48 school committee members, the training was also attended by the Acting Regional Education Officer, District officials including: District Academic Officer, District statistics and logistics officer, and the District school Quality Assurer. The 6 ward education officers of the respective wards also participated.
Basically, the training aimed at taking the members through the following training subjects:
- Formulation, roles and responsibilities of School Committees
- School governance, students and staff welfare
- Community resources mobilization and management
- Management of school funds
- School Quality Assurance Framework and Handbook (tools)
- Development of a supervision program for the 24 schools for the next 3 years
- Whole School Development Planning (including evaluation of the 2018-2020 Whole School Development Plan and preparation of the 2021-2023 Plan).
Participants were very grateful for the opportunity and calls for the government and stakeholders to guarantee support in realizing the whole school development plan targets. Doing so would advance education provision and consequently improve the general school academic performance of the 8332 pupils including 4213 boys and 4119 girls in the project schools.