Project Name: Training IDYDC on Hand Dug Well
Project Code: TZNJ085G
Project Timeframe: 9th September 2013 to 21st September 2013
Project Donor: Iringa Development of Youth, Disabled and Children Care (“IDYDC”)
Project Location: Iringa Region
Project Beneficiaries: Groups and workshop at Iringa
SHIPO and IDYDC (Iringa Development of Youth, Disabled and Children Care) were agreed to provide training to different groups in Iringa Region for the aim of improving the quality of the manual well digging and well finalization work presently ongoing in Iringa by IDYDC and trained groups.
The key output of this consultancy was to address quality issues and improve gaps existing in the provision of manual well digging and well finalization among 20 young trainees who already have basic ideas on the topics. Specifically: –
- Theoretic program on geology topics relevant to well digging, well digging and well finalization with rope pump installation
- Two dug wells with cover and installation of rope pumps done during training.
- Trainees will be in two teams of max 10.
- 20 private sector entrepreneurs trained on any new developments in the sphere of manual digging and well finalization with rope pump installation
- Small report produced by SHIPO after the training with main successes and challenges, including recommendations for improving future programming.
Organization/ Business/ Government Agencies Involved to Implement the Project:
- Southern Highlands Participatory Organization (SHIPO)
- IDYDC (Iringa Development of Youth, Disabled and Children Care)
- Iringa Municipal
The project was completed and handed over to IDYDC (Iringa Development of Youth, Disabled and Children Care